August 18, 2008

I Heart my Morning Commute!!


Having 5 kids is the greatest blessing of my life. I try really hard to not take for granted the amazingness of it.

There are down sides to having 5 kids - one is there isn't always enough of me to go around. I know that when I was growing, I was never aware, or felt slighted, and I am sure that my kids feel the same way. It is just the way it is.

So what does this have to do with the title of my post? Chad started middle school this year. He is in a school with an optional program for gifted kids. We are really proud of him for getting in. There are some stiff requirements when you don't live in the school's district. (I still haven't answered my own question have I?)

Since we don't live in the district, I have to drive Chad to school. So for about 10 minutes or so, it is just me and him, one on one. Does not happen very often for my darling patient middle child. So I am trying to make the most of it, no radio just some small talk. And if you know Chad you know that isn't hard.

2 comments:

Cherri said...

congrats to Chad! And to you the wise mom. Love those times in car one on one. Anyway, just wanted to say cute blog, just found it from your siggie. Here is mine where I mostly just put up scrappages. http://lifebycherri.blogspot.com
I'll add you and keep up with ya'll since I don't see ya very often any more. :<

Jaime said...

Is it the age or is it because they are boys that they don't talk? It is like pulling teeth to get Kauner to talk. Way to go on getting into the program. I love the picture of Chad. Such a handsome boy!