August 28, 2008

Friday Nights are SO Exciting

Not usually, but last Friday was one to blog about. Jim and I were out on our usual date night with our friends the Thomas'. We went to our favorite sandwich shop (yes Dad, that one!) best Chinese Food/Sub Sandwich place, and the atmosphere is something else. Anyways. . . we stayed there talking long enough that we needed to go somewhere for dessert!! On the way back towards home I got a call that went like this:

Me: Hello (the caller ID said "Private Call", almost didn't answer)
Tyler: Mom?
Me: Tyler
Tyler: Um...Scott got hit in the head, and he's bleeding really bad.
Me: OK we'll be there in a minute.

When we got home, they all came walking around from the back yard. We had already discussed how we were going to crazy glue him back together, so we headed inside so I could see the damage. His big brothers had put their First Aid merit badges to good use with and ice pack and compression. They had managed to stop the bleeding, which had been profuse. So when I was able to move hair out of the way, it was the biggest gash I had seen. No crazy glue for this cut. So wer wrapped it up and headed for the ER. What a huge joke. I could not believe how many people go to the ER for non-emergency stuff. I wanted to ask them what was so bad they couldn't wait til morning, or even Monday to see their Dr. We only had to wait 5 HOURS!! And
then they put 4 staples in his head and sent us on our way. The pictures are kind of gross, so if you don't like bloody don't scroll down. I have some really good ones from when the Dr. was working on him, they are on Jim' phone and I still haven't retrieved them. Lucky for you!!

He was wearing his brand new Class T-shirt!! But Oxy-clean stain spray made like new again. The back was drenched!! I knew I would need to Blog this so I made him pose for a picture before we went to the ER.













You're probably wondering what happened? Well, Chad, Scott and our neighbor Jeremy were playing. I guess the new game was throwing bricks up in the air. This one came down right on the back of Scott's head. And yes that is a blood stain on the grass next to it.




Stapled Shut and ready to go!!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

I love it! I think it is so funny the games boys come up with. That is going to leave a great scar for those summer hair cuts!

Micaela said...

Wow... I don't know that I am ready for all this boy stuff...

Amber Chappell said...

It sounds like you didn't even freak out. Way to go! I hope you managed to get some dessert in the wee hours of the morning when you got home from the hospital!

Amy Coontz said...

Micaela,
If it makes you feel any better, this was only the second time we have had to have a wound closed by a Dr.

And Amber, I did NOT get my dessert, and reminded Scott while we were waiting!

Micaela said...

A BRICK though!?

And by the way... Joe refuses to let me cut his hair past a certain length because of all of the scars on the back of his head, so if BOY is going to be anything like DAD was (and still kind of is) we are going to have to stock up on super glue! :)

Amy Coontz said...

Cristine tells me they have a gel now!! Won't glue your fingers to the head!

Urmston Family said...

I can remeber a Friday Night when my parents were out and I got a bag of baseball stakes to the head. I just remeber lots of blood and a bad headache. No trip to the ER and no cell phones to call my mom and dad to tell them what happend. But I have to admit bricks in the air, pretty clever. Take care and tell scott I hope his head feels better soon. ~Jill

Candice Lynn said...

Boys are sooooo smart. Who needs Wiis and Xboxes when there are bricks to be thrown in the air?

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I have cut my head open too many times, but boy, I think that one would make me nauseous. I'm impressed the boys could calm down & take care of it until you got there!

Joe and Liz said...

Hey Amy...I found your blog on Amber's. I didn't know Scott did this. Scary!! I guess boys will be boys, right!? I'm glad I have girls...I would have freaked out!!
Your blog is cute by the way. You can check mine out too if you want.