May 14, 2008

A Couple Funnies!

So I was just flipping through channels, and stopped at an "oldie." A Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin movie called Marriage On the Rocks. In the scene Dean Martin was talking to Deborah Kerr, about when they first met, he says, "I think you're much better looking now then you were then. And if I'm right you were quite skinny." I LOVED her answer -
"I wasn't skinny, I was 18, there's a difference"

This reminded me of something else I had wanted to post. We were out to dinner with our good friends a few months ago. At the booth behind us was couple of Senior Southern Ladies, they are very entertaining. One of them said something that I just LOVED! She said, with her beautiful southern drawl, "It's not the getting old that's bad, it's the getting ugly!"

Have a good day!

4 comments:

Boston Family said...

Amy! I found your blog from someone else's. I was just going from one to the other, you know. So I just wanted to say hi! Really great thought! Love, Boston's from Memphis, though currently relocated in St. Louis.

Jessica said...

I like that!

roylancemommy said...

Hey Amy!! This is Aimee (Nolan) Roylance. How are you?? We are so great, just thought I'd say hello; hope all is well :)

Amy Coontz said...

Aimee,
I am so glad to hear from you. Send me an email from my blog, so I can email you back. I want you to add me to your blog so I can keep up on your family!!
Amy