May 9, 2008

Birthday-Weekend

This year my b-day fell on a Monday, which means, I get to celebrate all weekend. At least that is what my hubby says.

So it started on Saturday morning, and even though this wasn't an actual b-day gift, it felt like one. We only had 1 event at the track meet. It is pre-lims so not all events are run. We only had to go for Scott to throw the shot put, and they let him go first!! So we were outta there by 9:15!!!!! (We are typically there til 2:30)

Then after Jim helped me with the grocery shopping, he took me to a movie, my choice. We went to see Made of Honor, starring McDreamy. If you don't know what that means, don't sweat it, you obviously don't watch Grey's Anatomy! It was a great movie, we both liked it.

We came home and I had some things to get ready for church, so Jim took the big boys to hit balls at the driving range.

Later that night, we went to one of my FAVORITE resturaunts - Ruth's Chirs Steakhouse - YUM! Enjoyed one of the best steaks around, and got free dessert! Oh and the best thing about a b-day dinner at Ruth's Chris, they do not sing to you!!! Way to classy a joint for that. Even their web site has classy music.

On Sunday Jim cooked a yummy tri-tip dinner. They finally sell it at Costco, we have been three years without being able to buy tri-tip. It was so yummy, and even better, he cleaned up the dishes.

On Monday night, my actually b-day, in between dropping off and picking up of kids we went to Qdoba's. This is a new place to our neck of the woods, but very, very tasty.

I also got exactly what I asked for - a flash, and a monopod, for my camera.

I would have to say the best part of my whole birth-weekend happened on Sunday afternoon. Kamrie was being very sneaky, taking her brothers out of the room where I was one at a time. She then presented me with a card, signed by them all. But the best part was, she included her tooth fairy money in it. She is so cool!!!

So Happy b-day to me!! I have a great family!!

And now it's going to be Mother's day!! I love May!

1 comments:

Tanner said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! Wow - what a fun day for you and then to also celebrate Mother's Day just a few days later!! Have a great weekend!!

We miss you and Kamrie!

xoxo
Tanner fam :)