July 30, 2008

Winding Down!

Well, as our summer vacation is winding down, I thought I would let anyone who cares know what we are up to down south!!!

Kamrie seems to spend as much time away from home as possible. I try not to take it personally, I guess her brothers don't really like the same things she does. Oh, and her best friend Siage, has a pool and baby hamsters!! Yes, that's right she has a male and female hamster, and now three little teeny, tiny baby hamsters. How can I compete with that?

Scott & Chad think that if they are not sleeping at a friends or having a friend sleep over it is the end of the world. They have been in a little book club with some friends from church, they like the getting together part, but the actually reading of the book, not so much. They both had a really fun week at Cub Scout Day camp too.

Tyler has been busy reading the last couple of weeks, I think he is 1 1/2 books into the three he needs to read before school starts. He loves to have his friends over as much as possible too.

Zac has been working most of the summer. He babysits for a friend of mine, and gets paid more than me!! He has used the money to pay for club soccer, which just started, and he seems to be enjoying it. He also invested in a new Cell Phone. And I use the word invested because it wasn't cheap.

Jim has been working like crazy. They are VERY busy, he has had to work the last few Saturdays. Don't get excited, we are salary, so no overtime!! Rumor has it our Bishop will be getting released soon, and he is hoping to be out of the Bishopric, and maybe back with the Young Men!! A man can dream.

As for me, I have really been enjoying hanging out with my kids, and keeping busy with my vinyl business. I have started having a "Project Night" at my house once a month. I design a project send out an e-vite with a picture, and if it is something they want, they come over and put it together, and most important take it home FINISHED. It has been a lot of fun.

Thought I would show the rest of our trip to St Louis. On Saturday Morning we went to see the Arch.


4 comments:

Meggan said...

It looks like you had a blast in St Louis. I can't believe how grown up your children are looking. I love the project group, and think that is a wonderful idea! Maybe you'll still be doing that when we move back... one can hope right? We are officially halfway through now.

Urmston Family said...

Looking at pictures of your kids and jim of course makes me miss you guys so much. Tell them all I said hello and wish them luck on their up and coming school year. JIll

jay&mary said...

What a fun trip. I know I live a little out of the way, but I would love to come do the project night maybe once in a while. I love your stuff. We miss you guys.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Your kids look so big! Your trip looks like a lot of fun - cute pictures!