July 14, 2008

St Louis - Part Overdue!

So we got up on Friday and ate our Free Breakfast at the hotel, I always try to stay somewhere with free breakfast!! Then we packed up and headed off to Six Flags! Funny side note, I kept telling people we were going to Magic Mountain, and they would give a weird face, and ask what it was!!! Oh, I mean "Six Flags", I forget it isn't called that everywhere. I did say it to someone, and as I was about to correct myself, remembered she was from CA and knew exactly what I was talking about.

We started big, Jim, Zac, Tyler and I on Batman. Remember that one Linda! It was such a rush, but I am definitely getting old, my bearings were so off when it was over. The three little kids just went through the line and then just waited at the exit for us. We rode rides til lunch, when we ate our $50 pizza, drink, and bread sticks, then headed for the water park. It was very cool because at this Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor is included with your admission to the park.

The highlight of the water park was a slide with a huge round raft that held 5 people. It was a bit of a line, and quite a ways up to the top. We practically had to drag Scott and Kamrie. When it was our turn we pretty much threw Kamrie in the raft and dragged Scott on. Into the first turn Scott's screams of terror broke with a scream of "This is FUN!!" Kamrie unfortunately didn't enjoy it, but we did have good laugh when as she tried to give her best scream a huge wave washed right over her. That sounds really mean, but in the moment it was really funny. Earlier in the day we went on the rapids ride. We had drug her on that last year in Branson. By the time it was over this year she started to say it was fun, but quickly stopped herself.

The only ride Tyler didn't go on, but Jim and Zac did, was so scary to watch there was no way I was going on, and did not give Tyler any grief about not wanting to ride it. It is called Mr. Freeze and goes from 0 to70 MPH in about four seconds!!! Oh, and after you are shot out and twisted up, you get to drop down and do it all backwards!! No thanks! I was able to somehow convince Chad and Scott to go on a Tony Hawk ride. It wasn't too bad and they tried to enjoy it. Although after the first unexpected turn I looked across to Chad, and he had turned several shades of green.

We ended the day watching Jim, Zac and Tyler ride the Superman Tower of Power ride. It takes you up 23 stories and then drops you!! I got a few good shots of that one.

All in all we had a really great time, picked up some dinner from Del Taco (we don't have those in Memphis) And headed back to the hotel.


6 comments:

Meggan said...

Good ole' Six Flags. Looks like ya'll had a blast! I think it's ironic that we come to ride rides every year since we've gotten married, and then don't go at all when it's 20 min. away. Glad ya'll had fun! They've come up with some new rides too! Yahoo!

Dean and Maryellen said...

looks like you had a great time. Great fun, especially for kids. Some kids.
Is Tyler still growing?
Mom

Dean and Maryellen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Urmston Family said...

I love Tyler's face on the Super Man ride. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids are growning so big. Thanks for the post. Love Jill

Candice Lynn said...

Is Kamrie still in gymnatsics? Because that littlegirl is ripped! I need some workout tips from her.

Stake Camp Directors said...

Laughing at our children is one of the perks of parenthood. I have often laughed when I should have called the paramedics. Oh well, I always tell my children I will pay for any counseling they may need as a result of my parenting snafus.
Love Linda (I know Daniel Skeet Tristan Panero. I have a feeling there will be some counseling issues there. Oh well.) Miss you all