March 17, 2008

Family Time

We had a fantastic trip to Nashville. We had a great time just hanging out together. We had only one rule, NO CELL PHONES!! It was really nice to be together with no interruptions!!

We got there Friday night around 9, and went to bed. I won't stay at the hotel again though. They had us down for two King bed rooms. I asked her if she wanted to tell my four boys they would be sharing a bed? We ended up taking smoking rooms, yuck!!!

Saturday morning we ate at the hotel, again not impressed. Then we headed off to the Opry Mills Mall. It is a GIGANTIC outlet mall. We've gone there both previous trips. I have to stop at Anne Taylor Loft for me, and Hartstrings for Kamrie. We hadn't planned on spending the whole day there but we pretty much did. The boys did their shopping at The Gap, it was funny because I sent Zac and Tyler to shop while I helped Chad and Scott. A little while later Zac and Tyler were back with nothing. I was surprised they couldn't find anything. Turns out they just needed their Mom to help them along. Zac didn't know what size pants he wore and Tyler didn't understand why there were two numbers for the size on the jeans.

We had a break through while at the mall. As some of you know Kamrie has a serious fear of people in costumes. We haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese in years. Well, the Sanrio store had a Hello Kitty at their store. Kamrie stopped, and I asked her if she wanted to get her picture taken with her. She did it. The boys were in shock! She said after that she was ready to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

They have a Sting Ray Reef. It is really fun you can pet them, and buy shrimp to feed them. There is also a merry-go-round to ride.

They also have Glo-Golf, this is a glow in the dark miniature golf course in the mall. The kids loved it, except Kamrie, she was sitting and pouting, and got hit with Scott's ball. That wasn't so good.



After the shopping, we went back to the Hotel and the three little kids swam in the indoor pool. (I didn't mention that it was raining) Then we got ready to go eat dinner and go to the show.

The Grand 'ol Opry was great. I think the kids liked it too. Everyone asks me if my kids "like" country music. They don't have a lot of choice, it is what we listen to in the car. I am not a Mom that let's the kids pick the music. When I bought the tickets I thought they were for 8:00, but on Sat. the second show is at 9:30. It was a really great show, Carrie Underwood did not disappoint. This is the second time I have been and she performed both times. At the 6:30 show she was surprised by Randy Travis coming out and inviting her to be a member of the Opry. At our show he came out again and they played a tape, it was really cool. Then He performed, which was bonus as he wasn't on the schedule. Kamrie did fall asleep toward the end but she got to see Carrie so all was good.






I found a video on youtube from the night we went, someone videoed it, but it is what we saw. Carrie Underwood singing a new song and Vince Gill joins in.

1 comments:

Matthew Urmston said...

Sounds like fun! Nothing wrong with a little country music.