August 3, 2007

July was CRAZY!!

So I think it worked out that my first post was a very busy month. The fun started with Jim's parents arriving on the 16th. Then my Mom and Dad flew in on the 18th. Two days later Jeff and Angela and kids arrived from Texas, and Erman and Jessica and kids from New Jersey. They didn't all sleep at my house, but it was a crowd. The main reason for them all being here was Scott and Ethan's baptisms which took place on Sat. the 21st.


Then on Mon. Jeff's family and Jim's parents headed off to Texas. We spent the day at the Memphis Zoo. The highlight would have to be witnessing the birth of a Bontebok.


We also went to Mudd Island. This is a scale model of the Mississippi river. You can follow it from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico, taking a dip along the way. Then you can paddle boat in the "gulf". The kids love it, and the grown ups get to awe at the enormity of the river, or watch a barge making it's way.


On the 26th Erman and Jess headed back home, and we hit the road with my parents for Branson.


We spent Friday at Silver Dollar City, a fun amusement park. (Thanks Mom and Dad) We rode rides, saw a couple shows and had a great time. Saturday we did some shopping, the kids swam, and spent the evening staying out of the rain. We headed home Sunday. Mom and Dad stayed until Wednesday, it was a hard goodbye as they are going to be leaving soon for 18 months on a mission. We will miss them but are excited for them. I will try not to let my kids grow too much while they are gone. ; )
Now we will start getting ready for school!!!

4 comments:

bettyjh said...

It was great to get your email and get caught up on your family. Your kids are so grown up!! I couldn't believe that the baby I held in Primary when you did your sharing time is getting baptized! What a great family!

heymaughan said...

17 years married??!! Unbelievable how fast time goes! Well, I guess that explains how grown up your kids are. They are so cute (and there are so many :) What a family!!

Well it is so fun to get caught up. I hope you will keep going with your blog now that you have started one. I'll be checking back...

Dean and Maryellen said...

I like the new format. LOve the pictures of the kids.

Amy Coontz said...

Thanks,
I actually did those. Took them and edited them.