August 29, 2007

A Decade

What can I tell you about Chad - if I had to choose one word to describe him it would be endearing. I have always been a little protective of him. Maybe it's the middle child thing we have in common. I always tell my big boys, "I know what it's like to get picked on by older siblings, so I am not going to let you do it." (I am sure that my older siblings may say this didn't happen, selective memory)

Chad is extremely intelligent and very creative. He loves to draw, and even though he doesn't like people to know, he has a beautiful singing voice.

I thought I would share a story he wrote at school this week. I believe the assignment was to write a story using their spelling words.

Me and the Man From the Moon

When I was walking home from my friends house, a man started floating down from the sky and said, "I am the man from the moon." I asked, "Do you have a name like Billy or Fred?"
"I never thought of that. I was here in search of a bed and now I am in search of a name.

The next day we went to the store with my Dad but he was too tall to fit in the car so he said he would follow us. I asked how fast he could fly?

He said, " A hundred miles an hour."

When we got there, we had people vote on his name. His name was Bob. He flew away and gave me
a moon rock.

Here is a sampling of what Chad is drawing now.


3 comments:

Urmston Family said...

Tell Chad we say Happy Birthday and what a great story. The drawings a wonderful too. We hope you guys have a great Labor Day weekend. ~Jill

Heidi and Rich said...

Your kids are all so cute. If Chad is ten - your oldest must be in High School? I remember when they were little. Tell him that girls love boys that can sing (or maybe save that info for when he wants the girls to like him!!).

Tanner said...

Nice slide show.
My blog adress is tannerurmston.blogspot.com.
Tanner