November 26, 2008

She's Seven!!

I can hardly believe my "baby" is seven today!! It dawned on me last night while we were reading before she went to bed, that I will never have a six-year-old again. That every mile-stone she reaches will be the last time for me as a Mom!! It's bitter-sweet. When I told her this, she didn't offer to stay 6?

I am so glad that my Heavenly Father knew better than me, and sent me a fifth child. As my friend Patti told me after she was born, it's like the cherry on the sundae. And even though I don't like cherries, this one is a keeper!

She is always ready for conversation, loves to hang out with her BFF's, is sometimes VERY moody, needs to be tucked in every night, and loves her brothers!!

We were talking one morning while I was fixing her hair, well, mostly she was talking, and I was thinking of something else, but, it went like this!

Kamrie - It's really lucky you had a girl!
Me - You're right I am very lucky.
Kamrie - Yeah, because you wouldn't have anyone's hair to fix!
Me - !?!

So I will try to enjoy my Seven Year Old every day for the next 364 days!
And a Very Happy Birthday to the rest of the November Birthdays in my family!!

0 comments: