April 9, 2008

I HAD to share this

I was sent a link the other day in an email. A lot of times I don't go to them, I just don't have time, and am usually disappointed that I spent the time. This was NOT the case yesterday. In fact I watched it twice, and then showed to my two older sons, and later with my husband. It is calld "Reflections of Christ", and is an amazing display of Photographs taken by Mark Mabry, in conjunction with the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Arizona temple. They of course reflect the life of Christ, and are set to some of the most moving music I have ever heard. Even though this was produced by LDS artists, for the church, any and all Christians will be moved. The link above the photo will take you to a slide show of all the photographs on display, set to a beautiful rendition of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing performed by Clyde Bawden and Freddie Ashby. I know you will truly enjoy the images portraying the events of Christ we read about in the scriptures.

Reflection of ChristJust a sampling of what you will see.

4 comments:

Matthew Urmston said...

Good morning Amy. Its Les. It's a quiet fast sunday morning at our house and I just finished emailing mom and dad and then thought i'd enjoy everyones blogs which i havent looked at forever. Amazing, what a perfect way to start the sabbath. Thank you so so so much for sharing this site. It was absolutely beautiful. Will share it witht he fam after church. Thanks Amy.

Stake Camp Directors said...

Thanks for sharing and also the phone call to alert me to watch The Last Lecture. Well I had a headache after crying for the entire hour but tears cleanse the soul so thanks.

Heidi and Rich said...

I watched this about 4 times and then I went to Itunes and bought the closest rendition of Come Thou Font so I could keep listening to it all day. It was amazing.

Tanner said...

Hey Amy! So, I LOVE Mark's pictures too! In fact, he and I grew up together. His family and I were in the same ward and I know them all very well! They are a great family! I love his stuff - very talented guy!!

XOXO
Jill Tanner