November 8, 2007

PLEEEAAAASSSSSE!!

So this morning I tried to make a purchase on line. I got an email from the vendor saying my debit card had been declined! This was in instance that I knew there was plenty of money, so what is the problem. I called my bank and they informed me a new card was being sent, so the expiration date was now wrong. She couldn't just give me the new date, but wanted me to have the company call in for verification. I went to the website and used the "Live Chat". We went around the long way but finally got them to call. Here is the conv.

My name is Dianne. How may I assist you today?

Amy: I tried to order, and my bank refused payment. I called them and they need you to call them for verification. Apparently, I have a new card in the mail, and it has a different exp. date. That is why it isn't working.

Dianne: Good morning,.... do you know the new exp date? Newegg does not call for payment auth....

Amy: no, then why do you ask for the phone number?

Amy: I will try to use paypal again. The first time I tried that I got an error page.

Dianne: Would you like to me request a manual payment auth?

Amy: What is that?

Dianne: A supervisor will call the bank's auto verification...it's an automated system that can verify your card info

Amy: That would be what I asked for, so yes please do that.

Dianne: Hi, Amy...sorry for the delay..

Dianne: I have submitted the request..your bank will be called soon..you will receive an email later this a.m......Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Amy: No, Thank you.

Dianne: My pleasure, Amy...have a great day!

Dianne: Bye!

Could somebody please give me back the 10 mins. I just lost!!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Amy, I totally relate to your story today. I know I was on the phone with you when it was going on and I was like to bad so sad. But it is so much more frustrating when you are wasting your whole morning on the phone. I called my insurance and asked to have a claim reprocessed. She refused and said that she could not. I called back and talked to another lady and reworded a few nouns and verbs and she sent the claim through. It seemed like this took thirty min. and I felt like it ruined my next hour of the morning because I was so sick of being on the phone with computers and people that sound like computers!@!