December 30, 2008

In other news...

So, here is the post about Zac I promised. (I know, you've all been just dying!)

A month or so ago our transmission went out on the van. While we were getting it fixed a friend from Jim's work loaned us a car he doesn't drive. It was a giant Bronco!! After the van was fixed he said we could hang on to it and that Zac could use it. Well, one afternoon Kamrie was invited to a friends house, I was busy and asked Zac to drive her the .5 mile. A little while after he left my phone rang and it was Zac -

"Mom, I just got hit"

I made sure I understood him correctly, that he had been hit, not hit someone, and that he was alright. He was and so I jumped in the van and headed to the site.

As I came to the street I saw him standing there, and behind the bronco, was a TOW TRUCK!!! As Zac had been waiting to turn left, with his blinker on, the driver of the truck got distracted and by the time he saw it was too late. The tow truck actually looked worse than the bronco.

So the insurance, totaled out the bronco and paid our friend. I think he plans on fixing it any way.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, the fun memories of first accidents. I like that you made sure he didn't cause the accident before you asked if he was okay.