September 25, 2007

GUILT

So, there are times in life when I let my guilt get the better of me. Like when I was at back to school night, and Kamrie's teacher says, if anyone would like to take this old ugly puppet theater home and refurbish it! I feel guilt because ever since I started doing daycare I am unable to help in the classroom. I am sure there are a lot of Mom's that don't help and don't feel any guilt. Lucky for Mrs. Garrett, I do. This project started out a very old ugly chiped red. I wish I would have taken a before picture. After a lot of paint stripping, and sanding, and more sanding, and even more sanding, this was the final product. She loved it, and today Chad's teacher mentioned she has one that is very plain!

6 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

I don't know how you do it. That looks great!!

Urmston Family said...

So cute Amy but of course everything you do is. I totally know about the guilt thing especially when it comes to teachers. Don't be so hard on your self. Someone said if you send your kids to school prepared that is just as good. Tell everyone hello. ~Jill

Dean and Maryellen said...

Good job, find the things that you can do and do them well, thats what it is all about

murm said...

Nothing better than a cool puppet theater to help stimulate the minds of our young people. At least that's what Terrence McCarthur told us when we went to George's Birthday party in 4th grade and he performed his puppet show for us. Barry Champagne had given George some nerf rockets as a gift and all I remember is at some point the rockets were being launched at the puppets and the man behind the curtain came out and he was not happy. It was a slumber party and things got pretty tense. Nothing a breakfast of Count Chocula cereal with chocolate milk couldn't reslolve.

Mandee said...

That looks amazing! You are one talented lady! And that story about George McArthur's birthday party is hilarious.

Courtney said...

so cute...i really need some of that creativity!!! Love you!!